Getting To Know About Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapies are one way through which a person can get over the dependency on the drugs.
Holistic therapies work together with the usual drug treatment methods and are non-medical approaches to recovery. Holistic methods helps bring the body, mind and spirit into balance.
In treatments centres where there's holistic medicine, such methods as physical exercises, proper nutrition and meditation are used in order to help abusers stop the addiction.
The overall well-being of the individual is considered by holistic therapy primarily while also providing proper attention to the physical symptoms of addiction and withdrawal.
Holistic Therapies May Include The Following
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Healthy nutrition
- The methods of art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Techniques customized to fit each client is used in this form of treatment. The general well being of a person will be boosted by holistic therapy.
A recovering drug user may be experiencing lack of sleep, emotional problems and many other problems that can be treated using holistic therapy. The needs of the individual guide the plans for the holistic therapy that is used.
Holistic therapy usually aims to
- Find out the psychological issues behind the addiction
- Helping individuals resist urges
- Encouraging physical exercises
- Boost the confidence of the recovering user
- Changing the person's perspective about the drugs
Categories Of Holistic Therapy For Addiction
Holistic therapies may be anything from exercise to meditation and involves various approaches to living a healthy life.
Mainly, therapy methods include the following
- Nutritional Therapy
- One of the key aspects of addiction recovery is a healthy body.
- Tangible healing can be provided to recovering addicts by focusing on proper nutrition.
- Patients recovering from addiction may at any time start to provide themselves with the food they need for successful healing.
- Exercise And Recreational Therapy
- Regular exercising helps the body learn to work with routine, reduces fatigue and gives strength to the body.
- Most holistic centres consider exercise as an important aspect on the treatment.
- The activities may vary from one centre to another but some holistic therapy centres are offering rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding or hiking.
- A clear mind is essential for recovering addicts who are looking forward to overcoming their addiction.
- In holistic therapy, taking part in reflection is one way through which you can stop the urge to using the drugs.
- The mind can also be relaxed when a person take part in karate and such kinds of activities.
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- Massage is yet another commonly applied holistic treatment method since it helps to relax the body.
- Point massage is also helpful to gain physical and psychical equation lost due to long-term use of drugs.
The combination of the known addiction recovery techniques with holistic therapy is usually 100% effective in treatment of any kind of addiction. Quitting alcohol and other central nervous system (CNS) depressants can produce severe withdrawal symptoms that need professional medical supervision.
Traditional treatment methods that are usually included in holistic treatment programs include
- Medically assisted detox
- All-inclusive medical treatment
- Counselling sessions
For support outside the treatment facilities, most ex-addicts join support groups like the 12-Steps NA and AA or 4-point SMART for continued emotional support and encouragement.
Finding Holistic Therapy Facilities For Addiction Treatment
Most holistic rehabilitation centres provide holistic methods both as their outpatient and inpatient treatments. This is mainly because it is effective when used with the other known techniques of overcoming drug addiction. As far as stress management is concerned, meditation and yoga can prove to be good complements to cognitive behavioural therapy. Relapses can be avoided by learning methods, which can help cope with emotional setbacks in a healthy manner.
Holistic treatment paired with psychological guidance and professionally undertaken detoxification, can cope with very difficult situations of addiction. Many rehab centres all over the country offer their treatment programs that can be changed according to specific requirements.
Contact us on 0800 772 3971 today to help you locate a treatment facility near you providing holistic therapy.