Frequently the effects of a substance on the brain justify its continued use and distort otherwise sound powers of reasoning, therefore it is vital to have a time where no substances are used in order to get the patient to a sound frame of mind. An addict can clear his or her mind during detox and think about future plans for treatment.
The main goal is to get addicts to diminish and then eliminate drug abuse after they acknowledge their dependency.
Detox Is A Series Of Interventions That Are Designed To Manage Acute Intoxication And Withdrawal Symptoms As Defined By Samhsa
It precedes substance abuse rehab, so it is different than it. Detox might last for a couple of months, but sometimes it can only last a week or less. Drug Rehab York has detox experts who can offer assistance in efficiently treating withdrawal signs and have you enrolled in a treatment programme which is customised to align with your needs. It is highly recommended that you pursue a long-term treatment plan because detox does not solve the emotional, psychological, social, and cognitive problems associated with addiction.
Detox Involves Three Important Stages In Which During The Last One The Patient Will Be Transferred To Either An Inpatient Or Outpatient Programme
- It is paramount that a person receives the correct diagnosis and assessment of the addiction in order for specialists to come up with a treatment plan that will work effectively to achieve the desired results.
- In the assessment phase, it does not only determine the dependency level, it also assists in identifying any hidden medical or psychological problems or disorder which is co-occurring with drug dependency.
- Getting stabilized
- Getting stabilized is the process in which the patient begins to withdraw from the substance that they have been using.
- The objective for this phase is to get to a substance-free condition.
- In order to help with addiction process, medication can be prescribed during this phase, especially if the user has a history of heavy use.
- To speak, and thoughts stabilize, a real recognition and acknowledgment of addiction can start once the person has achieved a state of balance.
- This lets patients find their role in the procedure and start the recovery program.
- Encouraging Admission for Drug Treatment
- Statistics show that a large number of people who go through the detoxification process do not go further in search of treatment for their substance abuse problem.
- One thing is sure, even though reasons for this are different in every individual greater success rates for staying sober are present in those who decide to continue their substance abuse treatment.
- Dedication to sobriety and knowledge about addiction are focal points here.
- Patients can follow through with a clinical drug treatment program in either outpatient or inpatient context once this phase is finished.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Asking For Addiction Treatment Is Never Late
Contact Future's of Palm Beach now if you or someone you care about is suffering from drug addiction. We provide you a specialized addiction treatment facility and qualified professionals committed to your success.
You have the opportunity to consult with a qualified clinician in order to figure out all the options that are available to you in the quest for a drug-free life.