The Understanding Of Fentanyl
It is a synthetically made drug, having a potency that is 50 to 100 times better than morphine. Severe pain that is a result of post surgery or during cancer treatment pain are used to relieve discomfort. Fentanyl is a strong opioid that is given to patients who have developed tolerance to other medications meant to relieve pain. Fentanyl has a high potential for addiction due to its potency. Taking overdose of the drug may be needed to have the same initial euphoric feeling for those who are addicted to Fentanyl.
Deal with your Fentanyl addiction now 0800 772 3971.
To meet the patient's needs, Fentanyl can take many forms.
Following are the few brand names and forms for Fentanyl
- Actiq - the lozenge form available on plastic sticks which is normally placed under the tongue like a lollipop.
- It can be used by military officers and people who are using pain reliever.
- Duragesic - This patch of Fentanyl was introduced in the 1990s.
- Its effects can last for up to 3 days and it's prescribed to treat moderate to severe pain.
- Sublimaze - Sublimaze is the injectable form of Fentanyl, generally administered in hospitals sometimes alongside anaesthetics.
- Post- or pre-surgery pain can be reduced with this drug.
- Subsys - Subsys deliver immediate pain relief and are a sublingual spray administered under a patient's tongue.
- Used to manage the breakthrough pain experienced by cancer patients.
- Abstral - Abstral is the quick-dissolve tablet version of Fentanyl that is administered under the tongue for immediate pain relief, it is also used for opioid-tolerant patients with breakthrough cancer pain.
- Lazanda - This is another drug that is used the same as common drugs used to treat nasal congestion and is a version of Lazanda.
- In cancer patients, it is predominantly used to treat pain.
Fentanyl blocks the pain receptors in the brain and enhances the production of the happiness-inducing chemical, dopamine. Some common street names of Fentanyl include apache, China white, China girl, dance fever, crush as well as TNT just to mention a few.
Seek help now if someone you care about is abusing Fentanyl.
Effects Of Fentanyl Misuse
Despite the fact that it can be used on doctor's recommendation, people can become over dependent on the drug and use it to excess just as any other drug in that class.
The possibility of using the drug excessively can cause the possible outbreak of health issues as a result of using this drug recklessly.
Just like heroin, the drug Fentanyl can give users the same feelings like addiction to heroin when given the recommended dosage.
Fentanyl abuse shows symptoms such as
- Slower breathing
- Impaired vision
- Nausea and throwing up
Fentanyl abuse is particularly risky for individuals who don't have a tolerance to opioids. Those who respond negatively to pain relievers may increase their chances of using the drug recklessly.
Those using the drug without caution may become addicted and cause them to engage in deadly misuse of the drug.
Using Fentanyl together with illegal narcotics such as heroin or stimulants such as Cocaine enhance the drug's deleterious effects. This drug can lead to the death of the addict regardless of the purpose of its use.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Fentanyl Addiction Indications
The drug may reconfigure the brain and stimulate overproduction of dopamine as a result of its effect on the central nervous system. When they have finished using the one giving by their doctors, some may become addicted to the drug and obtain it at any costs, even using criminal techniques as a result of the drug on the central nervous system.
OPRs that include Fentanyl could rapidly move from being trivial drugs of abuse to one having a profound addiction.
Given that a number of patients don't accept the fact that Fentanyl is quite addictive, the chances of accidental and intentional abuse are heightened. The Diagnostics and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders offers doctors a criteria of making a diagnosis of substance use disorder which helps in picking out subtle behaviours that could indicate one being tolerant or developing some withdrawal effects.
Find out more about a Fentanyl addiction
The Treatment Of A Fentanyl Addiction
Though it is unlikely to be life-threatening, quitting Fentanyl by going cold turkey might not be the way to approaching giving up the drug. An addiction to the substance is developed when on those who live with a Fentanyl addiction have been using the drugs over a long period of time, withdrawals take a painful toll on users. There exists specialized treatment centres which usually offer inpatient as well as outpatient resources to aid the addicts to quit using Fentanyl.
Fentanyl withdrawal varies much in its severity this being based on the dose taken and the form of the drug taken, from intense irritability and chills to even restlessness and sweating.
Though the Fentanyl withdrawal is rarely lethal, chances of a relapse are quite high. The cleansing process is easier with the help of professional medical supervision during detoxification and the odds of relapse are decreased.
Getting Control Is Possible By Calling Us
The result of a Fentanyl addiction can be dangerous, but despite the hurdles, winning is possible. In order to lend a helping hand, support groups are spread across the country. Begin breaking your addiction today.