Getting Counselling For Addiction
There are multiple therapies available depending on the kind of addiction you are suffering from, you can as well get help on how to boost your wellness and maintain your drug free state. The devastating impact of dependence on alcohol or a drug is not lost on the victims. When addict recognises that cannot control the addiction alone, looking for the help of a specialist addiction counsellor.
Get in touch with us on 0800 772 3971 for the necessary assistance to assist you to get the right rehab centre where you can receive useful professional advice.
Counsellors are an essential part of addiction treatment and their function and involvement in the therapy procedure is partly responsible to recovery.
A counsellor establishes a therapeutic alliance with the patient to help him achieve the ultimate goal of sobriety. To aid your wellness and soberness, you are allowed to choose from the many obtainable treatment options that will serve you.
What Does An Addiction Therapist Do
Counsellors collaborate with the patients in order to educate, support and hold the latter accountable for his past and future actions.
Both inpatient and outpatient treatment programs depend on great addiction counselling, these take place in large groups or singularly.
Group treatments are best handled by addiction counsellors through engagement of patients family members and other addicts in participation.
Group therapy revolves around family relationship in the recovery program to provide progress feedback of the patient in the program. Being able to identify the factors and triggers, the concerned parties can then proceed with caution and avert any possible reasons for relapse.
An addiction counsellor's function is to
- Non bias emotional support system to individuals and suitable therapy program delivery.
- Identifying the addiction problem by using one to one therapy sessions.
- Periodic drug testing.
- To develop a specific treatment plan for individual needs of users.
- Educate patients on post-rehab care and provide information about them.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
What Makes A Good Dependency Therapist
Skilled in developing the most suitable recovery roadmap for the patient. In addition to having a good relationship with people, he must be ready to give a listening ear.
The counsellor should be able to build rapport with the patient in order to get full cooperation and trust of the patient.
Having established an environment of trust and understanding, it makes easier for the patient to openly discuss anything about his situation. This helps the counsellor to identify underlying issues which may be responsible for the addictive behaviour. This section of the treatment is important since, without diagnosing the latent issue, a durable recovery is not probable.
Treatment and analysis can be conducted by any professional addiction adviser. However, the ultimate desire of a good counsellor is commitment in bringing long lasting solution change to the patient's sober life.
Types Of Therapy Accessible
When advising addicts alone is not sufficient, other healing programs are available to support whatever advice is given to the addict. Some of these healing programs are
- Neurofeedback Therapy
- This type of biofeedback therapy is commonly employed in addiction recovery where brain activities are monitored and patients are taught how to regulate them.
- This prepares the patient on how to control brain activity in order to achieve some command over their mental procedure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- This leverages the connection between what we think and what we do, making CBT a very potent weapon in overcoming dependence on a drug and social anxiety disorder.
- Over the use of CBT, a counsellor can assist patients to recognize triggers that cause drug or alcohol use and then replace those reactions with healthy ones.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- In the case of dual diagnosis the overall objective of using DBT treatment is to assist the patient gain self-confidence in handling stressful situations and to stay focused on healthy living.
- Boosting self-esteem, the patient's improved self-image also enhances communication and relationships around him/her.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- Understanding what causes addiction, coping with stressful situations, and the use of some methods to calm the body are what these healing programs are all about.
- Keeping the patient calm to know the exact root of the addiction problem is the main purpose of this treatment method.
- Holistic therapies
- This approach teaches patients self-examination in dealing with stress or triggers.
- Expressing their feelings become more convenient for former addicts who find it difficult to express them before.
- Art therapy, yoga and equine therapy are some types of treatment measures that can be utilized in drug abuse cases.
Well-known rehab centres offer supplemental therapies to patients in order to effectively manage their way to full recovery.
The Indispensable Value Of Addiction Counselling
You may not think that you do not need dedicate yourself to addiction counselling.
Don't be deceived, you can't adequately handle and meet standard professional addiction counselling process alone without assistance from qualified counsellor's support.