Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
Recognising addiction and focusing on going to a recovery program can overwhelm initial phases in the journey to recover. Several people fret about how the addiction rehabilitation process will influence their lives - not knowing can be frightening. Majority of the questions you may want to ask about the addiction rehab process have their answers given below.
The more you know regarding addiction rehabilitation - such as what to anticipate when starting a treatment programme, the duration of the programme, and costs linked with the programme - the less challenging your road to recovery can be.
What Is Addiction Rehabilitation?
A rehab is a structured treatment programme with the goal of assisting people who are battling with dependency. Addicts could be assisted to achieve a lifestyle of joy, good health, and sobriety in the rehabs.
What Happens In Addiction Rehab?
Treatments in the addiction rehabs are custom made for the personal need of each patient. In the bid to achieve prolonged sobriety, treatments like detoxification, individual and group therapy, education for the prevention of relapse, and after care planning before the end of the programme are used.
- Detox Detox is an essential part of early treatment. The toxic effects of alcohol and drugs are expelled by the body during detox. While the detox experience will shift enormously in light of the particular sort and recurrence of substance utilized, numerous substance withdrawal disorders can be repulsive, if not unsafe. The cleansing programme under the monitoring of qualified medical personnel significantly reduces the dangers withdrawal symptoms can present.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After detox, rehab continues with behavioural therapy. In trying to identify the reason that led to drug taking and addiction, one-on-one or group counselling are offered to the patients. A treatment programme also teaches an individual on how to recognise high-risk circumstances and triggers, and devise skills to prevent a relapse to maintain abstinence.
- Post-care As a man advances with recovery and nears the finish of a recovery treatment program, staff will work with the patient to build up a proper aftercare arrangement. When the need arises, sober living plans, ongoing therapy and the use of support groups may be applied here.
How Long Is Rehab?
There is no set duration that applies to every individual with regards to rehab. A lot of places have 30 day programs. But prolonged treatment programs like 60 day, 90 day or longer term residential treatment or inpatient treatment programs to ensure unbroken recovery may be the best for some people. The substances abused, how severe the abuse is, the addiction history, the spiritual, cultural, social, emotional, mental and physical requirements of the addict are all considered when experts are searching for the rightful duration of treatment for an addict.
According to research, individuals who spend three months or more in treatment programmes enjoy a better chance of long-lasting abstinence. With extended programs, there is enough time to train on sober living behaviours, and also the chance to concentrate on the core causes and actions building up to the addiction.
Is Addiction Cured By Rehab?
No, addiction is not curable, but it can be managed successfully. No matter how long treatment is, addiction recovery is not completed at the end of the rehabilitation program. Recovery is a continuing process for the rest of one's life. Dealing with enslavement includes figuring out how to explore through everyday life without using and includes diligent work plus commitment.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
During rehab, patients are taught how to get over the intense yearnings for drug and overcome the desire and threats of setback. How to handle the daily challenges of defeating drug addiction and the best way to relate with people and the situations that trigger or deepen the desire to use drugs in the first place are also taught in the rehabs.
Long-term sobriety could involve ongoing individual or group therapy and a 12 step program or support group. A few people find extra activities to be crucial in supporting their continuous recovery. These exercises may incorporate contemplation, yoga, work out, or artistry to give some examples.
Several great treatment programmes provide their own aftercare programmes, or work together with you to devise a concrete plan for aftercare before leaving treatment to assist with supporting effective long-lasting recovery. Truth be told, studies have shown that continuing involvement in aftercare programs is related with less backslides.
What Happens When One Relapses
A relapse shouldn't be seen as a failure, but should rather be viewed as a hindrance on your continuous journey to a drug-free life. Relapse offers the chance review the situation and to adopt a system that will guarantee the needed assistance in the bid to achieve total healing.
A lot of people who struggle with addiction have to go to rehab more than once before they can work through everything to stay on the path to recovery. The main individual who can deal with your compulsion is you and recovery will help you construct the abilities important to care for balance.
How Much Will Rehabilitation Cost?
The costs of addiction rehabilitation programs are differ. Issues of increased staff to patients' ratio, custom made amenities, and added services make the high-end luxury programs to be costlier.
An inpatient centre tends to ask more money than an outpatient treatment programme since it offers patients accommodation, meals, therapy, as well as activities. The programs offered by outpatient programs vary and can include highly structured intensive programs, weekly group and individual therapy sessions, and support groups.
Among the things that can alter the charges of rehab are
- Facilities available - Acupuncture, yoga, massage, animal-assisted therapy, private rooms, gourmet food, and other factors that enhance the healing process may be part of this.
- How long the program is - The length of stay is what primarily affects the cost of the program. When you come in for your intake session, a counsellor will talk about the recommended length of time for you to have your best chance at long term sobriety.
- Location - The traditional treatment centres are cheaper than the luxurious facilities. Travel to the centre can likewise be calculated into the cost, particularly if it is a long way from home.
- The Nature of Programme - Inpatient projects will frequently cost more than outpatient programs since patients live at the facility which is staffed with restorative and treatment experts at all circumstances.
The Cost Of Rehab Vs The Cost Of Addiction
It is always essential for you to have the "costs" of addiction in mind whenever you start thinking about the amount you will spend on rehab. The cost of addiction may escalate because of
- Paying for the drugs themselves
- Loss of efficiency at work
- Legal penalties
- The cost of medical attention for the treatment of physical and psychological illnesses
Broken relationships, sorrow, and ill health are just some of the other "costs" of addiction to the user.
Can Insurance Pay For Rehab?
Drug rehabilitation programs normally accept insurance. However, the facility in question will determine whether to accept the insurance or not. You are advised to cross check your plan before you sign into any rehab program because yours may cover only a limited part of the programme you are getting into.
Where insurance will not cover the total cost, you can negotiate alternative payment plan options. A sliding scale payment option/financing plan to make the cost more reasonable can be provided by the programme.
Should I Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
Majority of addicts being treated for addiction move to facilities far away from their homes. This is advantageous at times on the grounds that it expels clients from their home surroundings where they misuse drugs or liquor.
Because the addicts are free from external confusions and are not lured by friends, relatives and work, they are always able to concentrate completely on recovering from addiction in such a regimented and solitary location.
For those attending outpatient programmes, it might be better to go for one nearer home. In case you have family commitments, a close-by recovery facility can lighten worry as you adjust home duties with your recuperation treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Choosing Between Inpatient And Outpatient Treatment?
An inpatient centre differs from an outpatient centre in a few manners - from costs and severity of the treatment to the setting in general and the support structure for the duration of your recovery journey.
Inpatient Addiction Rehab
These are addiction treatment facilities that offer help 24 hours. Whether in a hospital or other private facility, the patient is under the care of professionals day and night who provide alternating services with medical personnel as required. The two types of facilities offer residential services.
Inpatient treatment is the most involved kind of treatment, empowering a patient to concentrate completely on his/her addiction and recovery with round-the-clock care. Most of the patients have a better chance of overcoming addiction because they are quarantined from the stress of their normal day to day activities.
A rehabilitation programme can cover group therapy, one-on-one therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and corresponding therapies like outdoor activities, meditation and animal-assisted therapy.
Those with long-standing or extreme addictions, dependences to different substances or with prevailing medical and psychological health conditions frequently look for an inpatient recovery centre for treatment. People that have been to (either inpatient or outpatient) rehabs before, but are now suffering relapse, may also find this very useful
Outpatient Addiction Rehab
In outpatient facilities, patients come in for their treatment or therapy and then go back to their homes and daily life at the end of their sessions. This structure gives a man a chance to proceed with a great extent unobstructed work, school or home life while looking for treatment. Such a centre tends to be a great solution for people with fairly less serious or short-term dependencies, not as much time, or obligations at home/work that can't be ignored.
Outpatient projects can change. Some include throughout the day sessions, while others may just treat patients for 60 minutes or two a day. For non-residents, outpatient programmes are usually less expensive than inpatient, and also considering fewer amenities and staff are needed. The patients do not pay for 24-hour monitoring as they go home after each session. Several insurance plans might pay for a part or even all of the cost.
Contact us right away at 0800 772 3971 to chat about your options and learn more about what sets these two addiction treatment forms apart. Let one of our rehabilitation placement representatives respond to whichever enquiries you might have in order to assist you to select what kind of addiction rehabilitation centre makes the most sense for you and your requirements.
Can I Get Fired For Going To Addiction Rehabilitation?
The possibility of being sacked from work if you fail to attend a rehab and defeat addiction is much more than the risk of losing your job because you enrolled in a rehab. It's possible that your boss has already picked up on your substance abuse problems. If you don't get help for your addiction, it might soon become obvious and the consequences of your drug use could cause your performance at work to suffer.
While you are covered by many state laws to seek for treatment for addiction, it is also legal for your boss to sack you because of substance abuse. Under these decrees, it is illicit to fire employment as an outcome of a worker looking for treatment.
How Do I Manage To Get Some Time Off Of Work To Go To Addiction Rehabilitation?
Several inpatient programmes demand that you take some time off at your work. But, there are things that can help you with this process. Options available
- Employee Assistance Programs A voluntary Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a program from your employer that can give you confidential assessments, counselling, and treatment referrals at no cost to you.
- Family and Medical Leave Act If a medical condition interferes with the way you work, some employers will allow the employee to take up to 12 weeks unpaid leave without affecting the health insurance under cover of the Family and Medical Leave Act. You will gain a lot if you understand what is obtainable in your firm as this area also cover cases of addiction.
- Paid Time Off Another choice is to use any vacation, sick, or personal time to get the time away from work to go to rehab.
- Executive Rehab Centres In such an event that you have a lot of work obligations and are required to stay actively involved at your workplace, executive rehabilitation facilities may assist with maintaining a continuous involvement or presence at your work whilst receiving residential treatment in a luxurious environment that provides round-the-clock care.
- Outpatient Programs For those who can't leave their work and those who are also in need of something cheaper than the executive rehab, they have the outpatient programs to enrol in. Inpatient treatment facilities that offer intense 24-hour treatment and monitoring are best suited for those patients battling strong addictions and relapse issues.
Generally, there are a wide range of approaches to acquire assistance as an employee and looking for treatment for habit will dependably be better for you, your employment, your wellbeing and your life when all is said over the long haul.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury treatment has a lot of amenities and upscale surrounding when compared to a basic rehab centre. These luxurious rehab facilities are located in out-of-the-way places where total privacy is guaranteed. Treatment in these plush rehab facilities more often offers holistic treatment that includes exciting therapies, gourmet catering by highly ranked chefs, innovative treatment therapies.
High state officials, big names plus other public figures regularly pick luxury rehabilitation for the elite pleasantries, confidentiality and the probability that they will be among their companions, yet anybody may go to these sorts of programs if the expenses can be secured through insurance, out-of-pocket instalments or a blend thereof.
How Can I Find An Addiction Rehab Program?
Finding the correct compulsion recovery program can feel like a staggering procedure, yet cause is accessible to answer any extra inquiries you may have. You can contact our rehab placement agents on 0800 772 3971 if you are confused about the appropriate rehab treatment for you or your relative.